Last updated: January 7th, 2016
I live with my wife and two boys (five and a half and two years old) in Den Bosch, The Netherlands. As a Frenchman married to a Colombian wife living in The Netherlands, we are a multicultural family and our sons grow up in this trilingual environment. So fun to see them progress and seamlessly switch between French, Spanish and Dutch!
Check out what I'm doing now.
Current main work occupation
I spend most of my work time as the interface project leader in various hospitals during their EMR implementation, taking care of the interfaces between their new EMR and all the other software packages in the hospital. Think:
- propagating patient demographics and admission/discharge/transfer from the EMR to the rest of the hospital
- sending lab results from the EMR to the lab software and getting the results back
- receiving financial information
- connecting to the various nationally-run systems for patient verification, insurance information, medication prescriptions
- lots of ad-hoc connections built over the years that need to be "ported" over to the new EMR
Before starting my consulting company Zorg Piloot in February 2015, I worked 6 years in the Dutch branch of Epic, one of the leading worldwide EMR vendors. I was part of the interface and conversion team there.
Over the years I've worked with the following hospitals in The Netherlands:
- Radboudumc - Nijmegen
- AMC - Amsterdam
- Vumc - Amsterdam
- Amphia - Breda
- SLAZ - Amsterdam
- OLVG - Amsterdam
- Spaarne - Hoofddorp
- Elkerliek - Helmond
Before Epic, I worked for just under two years in Madrid, Spain as a web developer for the Rentalia holiday rentals company.
And even before that, in short and anti-chronological order:
- Obtained my Danish engineering degree in Aalborg, Denmark from Aalborg University
- Obtained my French engineering degree in Paris, France from ECE
- Been an intern at Let It Wave (now part of Qualcomm) in Paris, France
- Been an intern at Furuno in Nishinomiya, Japan
- Been an intern at Prime Vision in Delft, The Netherlands
- Obtained my Scientific French Baccalaureat in Aix-en-Provence, France
- Lived until my 16th birthday in The Hague, The Netherlands
- Born in Vernon, France