List of Derek Sivers' Do This directives (more details on his site)
How to be useful to others
- Get famous.
- Get rich.
- Share strong opinions.
- Be expensive.
How to get rich
- Live where luck strikes.
- Say yes to everything.
- Learn the multiplying skills.
- Pursue market value not personal value.
- Shamelessly imitate success.
- Be the owner, not just inventor.
- Benefit from human nature.
How to thrive in an unknowable future
- Prepare for the worst.
- Expect disaster.
- Own as little as possible.
- Choose opportunity, not loyalty.
- Choose the plan with the most options.
- Avoid planning.
How to like people
- Assume it’s their last day.
- Be who you’d be when alone.
- Assume men and women are the same.
- Always make new friends.
- Avoid harming the relationship.
- Act calm and kind.
- Don’t try to change them.
- Find wisdom in your opponents.
- Purge the vampires.
What to do when you get successful
- Change yes to “Hell yeah!” or no.
- Keep momentum.
How to stop being rich and happy
- Prioritize lifestyle design.
- Chase that comparison moment.
- Buy, not rent.
- Internalize your new status.
- Be a connoisseur.
- Get to know your possessions.
- Acclimate to comfort.